- Dual modes of action manage resistance, control multiple lepidopteran pests and corn borer
- Five percent blended refuge in a bag for grower convenience and simplified regulatory compliance
August 15, 2012 - Syngenta Canada Inc. is pleased to announce that the Agrisure Viptera™ 3220 E-Z Refuge™ trait stack has received Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) approval. This new seed offering features five percent blended refuge in the bag as well as multiple modes of action for corn insect control.
“Over the past few years, we’ve seen outbreaks of yield and quality-robbing corn pests such as black cutworm, western bean cutworm and fall armyworm,” stated Greg Good, Campaign Lead, Corn and Bean with Syngenta Canada. “With Agrisure Viptera 3220 E-Z Refuge trait stack, growers will not only enjoy the best lepidopteran pest control available for corn on the market today, but also benefit from the simplicity and convenience of automatic refuge compliance.”
The Agrisure Viptera 3220 trait stack offers dual modes of action for control of multiple lepidopteran pests and corn borer. Each bag contains 95 percent seed of a corn hybrid containing the Agrisure Viptera 3220 trait stack. The remaining 5 percent of corn seed is a hybrid without insect control traits. This blend enables growers to meet the refuge requirements specified by the CFIA for managing insect resistance. Both seed hybrids in the bag are tolerant to glyphosate herbicides.
Multiple trials have proven the value of the control offered by the Agrisure Viptera 3220 trait stack. Results from 2010 and 2011 regulated Syngenta trial locations demonstrated that hybrids containing the Agrisure Viptera 3220 trait stack had more than 85 percent fewer ears damaged by corn earworm versus those hybrids without the Agrisure Viptera trait.
Agrisure Viptera 3220 E-Z Refuge trait stack will be available in limited quantities for the 2013 growing season. Growers should contact their Syngenta retailer for product availability.
Syngenta is one of the world's leading companies with more than 26,000 employees in over 90 countries dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Through world-class science, global reach and commitment to our customers we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life. For more information about us please go to www.syngenta.com. Always read and follow label directions.
Agrisure Viptera™, E-Z Refuge™ and the Syngenta logo are trademarks of a Syngenta Group Company.
© 2012 Syngenta Canada Inc.